SCRIP (GIFT CARDS GALORE)
What is Gift Cards Galore? Gift Cards Galore is our name for the MBBC scrip fundraising program. Scrip is a term that means “substitute money”. When you purchase scrip, you’re purchasing gift certificates and prepaid cards that are used just like cash. You can use scrip to purchase everyday expenses like food, clothing, and other essentials, and with every purchase, you earn revenue for our organization. They’re the same gift certificates that you buy at the store. Many popular retailers participate in our scrip program including JCPenney, The Gap, Shell, Pizza Hut, Red Lobster, Starbucks, HEB, and many, many others.
The Great Lakes Scrip Center acts on behalf of churches, schools and other non‑profit organizations to purchase large amounts of scrip from grocery stores, department stores, and other retailers. Because the scrip is purchased with cash up front, the participating retailers offer a substantial discount. MBBC buys the scrip from Great Lakes Scrip Center at a discount, and re-sells the certificates to families like yours for full face value. The discount ‑ from two to fifteen percent or more - is our organization’s revenue. To see how much of a discount each certificate has, go to www.glscrip.com and click on Retailers.
The beauty of scrip is that you put your regular household shopping dollars to work. You earn money for MBBC without spending a single additional penny. Just spend your regular shopping dollars with scrip at the stores that participate in the scrip program! And scrip can be used for just about any household purchase including food, clothing, entertainment, gasoline and even dining out.
- Print and Complete the Scrip Enrollment Form (<– click for link) and turn it in with your first order.
- Go to www.glscrip.com. Here you will find information and lists of all the available vendors. For example, to see a list of the vendors, click on Retailers close to the top of the page in the middle. This is where you see all the discounts, expiration dates, certificate denominations, etc.
- Print and complete the Scrip Order Form (rev. 2008) (<— click for link), following the instructions found at the top of the order form. THIS ORDER FORM IS SIMPLY A LIST OF THE MOST POPULAR CHOICES — NOT EVERYTHING — THIS IS AVAILABLE AT www.glscrip.com. If you find something else on www.glscrip.com that you want to buy, add it to the end of the list in the blanks provided.
- Attach your check/money order to your order form and turn it in to the MBBC mailbox in the Directors Office. Or, if you prefer, mail your order to MBBC, P. O. Box 805, Friendswood, TX 77549.
- Orders will be placed toward the end of each month. When the orders arrive, you will be contacted via email.
LINKS TO FORMS:
Questions? Contact: ______________________________________________
Where do the scrip certificates come from? GLSC purchases the certificates directly from the retailers. The certificates they provide to MBBC are the same gift certificates you would buy if you went to the participating retailer and purchased them yourself.
Can I use the scrip certificates anywhere? Yes, the certificates are accepted at all participating retailer locations.
Is there a minimum amount of certificates that I have to order? MBBC has no minimum order amount. However, there is a modest shipping charge which applies to each order.
Do I have to order every month? How often can I order? There are no requirements for ordering. You can order as frequently or infrequently as you wish. Right now, we will be placing orders once a month.
Can I use scrip to pay department store charge account balances? A few retailers allow you to pay charge account balances with scrip, but generally speaking, most do not. You can search our online participating retailers list at www.glscip.com for specific information on which retailers do and do not accept scrip for charge account balances.
When will I get my order? If GLSC receives our order by 1:00pm Eastern time, GLSC guarantees our order will leave their offices no later than the second following business day.
Can you give me an example of how this works? Sure. Let’s say you spend $25 a month at Starbucks:
- Go to www.glscrip.com , click on Retailers, and find Starbucks close to the bottom. You will see that the discount is 7%.
- On your MBBC Order Blank that you downloaded from Scrip Order Form (rev. 2008), indicate that you want one certificate from Starbucks.
- You write a check to MBBC for $25 and turn it in to the mailbox in the directors office.
- When the order comes in, you get a gift card to Starbucks for $25, and the 7%, or $1.25, goes to MBBC. Use this same formula for many of the other vendors and see how FAST the amount can grow!!!!!!